Your First Visit
As important as it is to understand the role of physicians in the treatment and management of chronic pain, it is essential that our patients understand their responsibilities to ensure a collaborative experience.
Prior to commencing any treatment program, we require a REFERRAL FORM to be completed by either your family physician or a referring physician. The completed form can be faxed to 905-315-9924 and should include any pertinent diagnostic test results, clinical notes, Patient Cumulative Profile (CPP) and previous medical consultation reports.
In preparation for your initial visit, we ask the following:
- Document your symptoms, include descriptions of pain, feelings and times when you feel pain. Documenting your pain is vitally important in understanding the nature of your pain.
- Please bring any medical reports or imaging studies that you may have.
- Please bring your valid OHIP card, as well as any third-party insurance information (WSIB, Accident Benefit, Extended Health).
- Dress comfortably in loose-fitting clothing.
- Make necessary child care arrangements for the date of your initial appointment.
- Bring your eye glasses or any assistive devices you use (i.e. hearing aid).
- Bring a list of your current medications and dosages, as well as any previous medications you have taken that were not beneficial in managing pain.
- If English is not your first language, please ensure that you are accompanied by a family member or friend who can act as a translator.
Prior to your initial visit, please download and complete a copy of our NEW PATIENT QUESTIONAIRE and bring the copy with you.
Once you arrive for your initial visit, the process begins with a physician consultation by one of our highly qualified chronic pain specialists. Once the initial intake is completed, your physician will outline your treatment options, and explain the benefits and any risks associated with the relevant procedures. The duration of your visit may vary depending on whether a procedure is completed.
Please plan on spending at least two hours at the clinic during your initial consultation.
Please note not all services are covered under OHIP, such as platelet-rich plasma and hyaluronic acid injections. Most third-party insurance benefit programs cover these injections. We will inform you of costs and available health coverage ahead of receiving treatments.